Thursday, April 7, 2011

design love:home

im a sucker for home design blogs...which you probably already know from my previous mentions of Design*Sponge.  here are some of my latest home crushes
i would love to do something like this to my stairs when i put in hard wood floors...like use color planks only on the rise of the stair
since i knit and do yarn bombing...im naturally drawn to this. sorry dave, but this will happen when i get my studio together.
i love love love this DIY from Design*Sponge - done with strips of paper glued in layers on a simple round paper lantern.  how cool does this look lit or not lit.


this vintage remake fridge is nothing but brilliant - $2000 Smeg in pastel green.  this is the same color as my Kitchen Aid mixer.  ive been wanting to redo my kitchen in white and this mint green color....but i dont think it is big enough to hold my cake orders....bummer.

 im also in love with these chest of drawers painted with the Union Jack.  I kind of want to do this to my chest of drawers at home, but it wont match the green, cream, and brown motiff ive got going on in my house....maybe in the studio...hmmm
old signage is so pretty.  This "e" is from yet another DIY from Design*Sponge of which im going to have to make a few....which will probably double as wedding decor.

i just need like 3 houses to decorate and live in on alternate days.

No comments: