Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby car seat cover

I finally finished and delivered a baby car seat cover for my friends who's baby girl is due in a couple of weeks. She decided to go with a purple theme to all the baby's things. To make the car seat cover we deconstructed the cover she used for her son and made our own pattern. We used a pretty purple paisley flannel and a super soft purple fleecy/polyester(?) material with raised bumps (that we now lovingly refer to as the "purple pimple"). Now that I've finished this one I know where the pattern needs to be tweaked...which will make it much easier/faster to make more. I'm hoping to get some inventory put together and open an Etsy shop for mom and baby (kind if weird since I am not yet a mother....but many of my friends are and who doesn't like babies?)
Sorry for the crappy phone picture....ill take a better one later (with a cute baby inside).  Let me know what you think!

x.o.x.o
-e

No comments: