Monday, August 2, 2010

Half-Marathon Training...

...started today..eek!!! I ran in the Houston Chevron/Aramco Half Marathon this year back in January. Since then I haven't really run. I don't know if all the training we did burnt me out on running or if I was just being lazy, but today was my first day back to running. It was brutal. I run with some friends of mine and even though we know running at 5:30 in the evening in Houston (103•F by the way) is a mistake it's the only time we can run. I barely made it. The track we run on is a 3 mile loop. I was able to squeak out 1.25 miles running....and then dragged my body at the slowest walk possible the rest of the way.

Why am I doing this...I don't know must be a crazy person...well I felt like a crazy person today. My group has started training again because we want to do the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans in February. I would have done the Houston Half again but they are doing this absurd "lottery style" entry...where you may or may not get picked to participate. It's stupid...so I figure I've never been to the Big Easy...this seems like a fun excuse to go.

Anywho trying to wind down and get some zzzzzz..... Gnight

Xo
-e

No comments: